3D-printed Nasopharyngeal Swabs (Case of 250; $2/pc)
Nasopharyngeal (NP) swabs are designed to collect upper respiratory specimens from patients with signs and symptoms of respiratory infection. The swabs are thin, flexible sticks with a textured tip to collect an adequate epithelial cell sample.
These are sold in boxes of 250 pieces for $500. For quantities over 100,000, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Weight: 1g / swab
- Each order contains 250 swabs
- 3D printed with Formlabs Surgical Guide Resin, which has been evaluated in accordance with ISO 10993-1:2018, Biological Evaluation of Medical Device
- Each stick has an intentionally weak break point in the stem so the tip end can be easily detached and placed in the transport vial
- NP swabs are a Class 1, 510(k) exempt in vitro diagnostic medical device
- Swab mechanical properties have been tested to meet required specifications after being left exposed to light for 30 days
- Keep the swabs in a light-proof container so that swabs can continue to meet material requirements for up to 1 year
- Do not leave swabs sitting in a jar of alcohol - they will soften
Suggested Disinfection Procedures
These swabs are not sterilized. They can be sterilized or disinfected using any of these processes:
- Aerosolized hydrogen peroxide (spray bottle)
- Brief exposure to UV light
- Brief dip in isopropyl alcohol followed by air-drying
For additional questions on disinfection procedures contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tethon3D is registered with the FDA (FEI: 3016693260; Owner/Operator Number: 10067739)
- The Tethon 3D Nasopharyngeal Swab is listed with the FDA under product KXF (applicator, absorbent tipped, non-sterile)
- Tethon3D is based in Omaha, NE with over 1,000 customers in 40 countries
- Tethon 3D is the leading global manufacturer of ceramic materials for additive manufacturing
Swabs ship from Omaha, Nebraska. Boxes are 7.5 x 4 x 2.5 inches and weigh approximately 10oz. You can choose UPS shipping speeds to suit your needs during the checkout process.
If you're a tax-exempt organization and see a sales tax in the checkout process, please email us (email@example.com) with the email address of the account you created and we will mark it as tax-exempt!